Volunteering allows individuals and groups to make a tangible difference in the lives of those we serve. If you want to give back to your community by donating time, we have many options!
- Thrift Store: The greatest need of Piedmont Rescue Mission is assistance in the Good Samaritan Thrift Store. We are always in need of individuals to help with sorting items and stocking shelves.
- Pregnancy Center: The Baby Store provides basic needs for women facing unplanned pregnancies or navigating life with new babies. You can help by sorting donations and helping keep the store stocked. Also, during the Baby Bottle Boomerang Fundraiser you can help by getting the Baby Bottles into your church or business .
- Men’s Ministry: Men can volunteer to give our Alamance Rescue Mission staff some much-needed downtime by spending the night with those in our program. (Volunteers are not required to remain awake through the night.) You can also organize food drives for the mission through your local church or community.
- Chapel Speakers: Invest in the lives of men at Alamance Rescue Mission by speaking during a weekly chapel service (Monday or Friday). Due to the nature of this program, speakers must be male.
- Group Work: Church teams, Sunday school classes, or other groups can help with groundwork, including projects such as cleaning, painting, and renovating facilities.
- Holiday Giving: Volunteer to assist with serving Thanksgiving and Christmas meals to the individuals and families we serve (typically scheduled the week or weekend before the holiday).
Learn More Today
Have questions about a volunteer opportunity? Want to schedule a time to join us in this important work? We can’t wait to hear from you! Contact us today at (336) 229-6995.