Update on Family Shelter: The paperwork is in the hands of Burlington City Inspectors and we are waiting for them to approve them so we can start the renovation to the building.
We want to open the shelter as soon as possible. The Family Shelter will offer temporary housing to those women and children going through challenging seasons of life. We believe no child or mom should be affected by homelessness, but the reality is, hundreds of Alamance County residents do not have a safe place to sleep at night.
The Family Shelter allows us to meet both physical and spiritual needs. Those in the program will benefit from:
- Private residential suites that feel like a home
- Three hot meals a day, as well as snacks
- Assistance with job searching
- Christian counseling for the whole family
- Various Bible studies and spiritual mentoring weekly
To learn more about our Family Shelter, make a referral, or inquire about volunteering, please call us at 336-222-9195 or 336-229-6995.